Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Merry Monday #277 {Stencils}PP380 Carols Of Christmas & Scentsational Season Stampin UP

I want to extend a warm welcome to my newest blog follower.  Image result for thank you minion
My goodness I was having some issues with stamping today.  Perhaps because it's one month today since my mom's passing, but also because I was having some health issues (again) grrrr.   But usually stamping takes my mind off things like that, but NOT today.
I was finally able though to come up with a few cards.  The first one here I made for the challenges at:
I thought the two combined challenges complemented each other well.  I used my very old stripe stencil and sponged the background with real red on kraft paper.  I then used stampin up's Carols of Christmas for the sentiment and Scentsational Season for the gingerbread man and candy canes.  I found a lovely wide piece of red ribbon in my stash, that matched the color real red very nicely.    
I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.. because if you could have caught a glimpse of my inky fingers/stencil.  You never would have thought it would turn out.  Between the smudges and the lines not being straight, I almost gave up with this card.  I have a whole pile of discarded images for the recycling bin. 😉 

Thank you for taking time to pop in for a visit and check out my card.  I encourage you to take a look around my blog, at all my projects. 
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping.

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous red stripes on kraft - would never have guessed you had any problems with the stencil. Perfect with the candy canes & gingerbread man! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stencilled background is the perfect way to bring your warm and festive gingerbread card together. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stenciled stripe background for your fun, adorable card. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stripes on this card with the cute gingerbread men and candy canes dancing around! You have a good start for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PJ, what a great Christmas card! Perfect card for this color combo. Love the gingerbread men! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card! I like those stripes and red & kraft always look great together. The candy canes and gingerbread man look nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, I love your stenciled background. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~