Sunday, March 19, 2017

SCS~ Plus GREAT NEWS







 For my SCS~(Scripture Card Sunday)  post I have so much to share with you, but first, let me start by showing you this adorable little wooden mason jar that takes the place of my scripture verse card.  I thought the saying was very in tune with my SCS theme.. so hence here it is.  My sister painted this mason jar with her shabby chic colors, and then decorated it with some twine and a sticker, when she brought it over to show me I new I'd want to stamp it, and she was all up for the idea,  we both think it would make a lovely magnet.  So the pictures above is the stamped jar, and the bottom picture is how it started.  I think it turned out swell.  
So onto some super exciting news, I've always dreamed of being a stampin up demonstrator but I'm NO sales lady, so then the next best thought was  to sell my cards/projects, but seriously who would buy them?   I've been praying about it, a way to support my hobby 😉 Because living on one income is difficult for us.  So, I've even started the process of opening an Etsy shop.  ( I'll fill you in on that later)  but out the blue, my sister's, sister in law decided she would like to buy some cards.  IT was absolutely so exciting.  

Here is the picture of the cards that I've made for her.  I had no idea what to charge, so I looked around a bit, and it ranges in prices.. so I stuck with the 2 -4 dollar range. 



 As you can see there was a wide variety, but it got me daydreaming even more about "really" doing something like this.  Selling my cards and trying to make some hobby cash.   Then another something fabulous happened, that I thought I'd never do...


 My dear sister got me signed up for a craft fair.   It was like confirmation to me on my prayers.  Oh my goodness my friends, I am so excited my head is spinning.    I just hope that I won't be in to much pain that day.  I tell myself to calm down it is a super small town we are going to travel to, but gosh it is so cool to think of all the possibilities.  I have a few pictures of some of the projects I started working on for the fair.  But, let me add first, I was like YAY>> I can bring my cute open sign then I thought I needed a few weeks back..remember it?  Then I thought I should make business cards, oh silly me, I'll probably sell very few things..but here is a sample of a few items I'm working on.  I even daisy duct taped a little cardboard box I had on had to look festive.  
 I then thought I should make little tea bag covers for selling. I want them to look a bit better, but it's a start.  I'll play around a bit to see what I can come up with, and you all will be the first to see.  So I'm relying on your expertise and ideas.. Please let me know what ya think?  Maybe even popcorn sleeves for selling?  Seed Packet sleeves? Any other ideas? 
As always thank you so much my dear friends for being so sweet and leaving comments. 
I appreciate you all. 💗

Keep Smiling 😊Keep Stamping












 















1 comment:

  1. wow have you been busy! Everything looks great! I really like how the jars turned out so much better than a sticker! So proud of you! You are going to do great at this craft fair! Your stuff is really and truly awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~